Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries
This position is a combination of Youth Ministry and Director of Religious Education that will serve the Tri-Parish (Holy Rosary, St. Mary’s, and Sacred Heart) to lead, organize, and administer a total catechetical and youth ministry program. The programs will assist the parish community in building a solid foundation for spirituality, Christian living, and ministry, as well as providing youth and adult outreach for the combined membership of the Tri- Parishes. The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries (DYYAM) will have a passion for sharing the gospel, the Roman Catholic faith and helping the parish community to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ and His Church.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits.
(This position will be assisted by a part time employee who will primarily help facilitate Religious Education for grades 5 and under.)
1) Lead catechetical and youth programs for the three parishes which support lifelong practice of the faith.
2) Provide curriculum, training, and administrative support to the Elementary Assistant especially in the areas of Sacramental prep and VBS.
3) Provide curriculum and facilitate the following:
4) Implement and monitor the Diocesan Safe Environment Program for the RE/YM programs.
5) Attend parish staff meetings, Youth Ministry/Religious Ed. Committee meetings, and provide reports to the Pastoral Council (or attend meetings as requested).
6) Pursue continued professional and spiritual growth, and knowledge of the Catholic faith.
7) Any other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
Work Area: Parish addresses, and occasional travel for meetings, events, trainings, and youth ministry trips.
Working Conditions: An office will be provided, along with appropriate accessories and equipment.
Vehicle Requirement: This employee must provide his/her own vehicle to travel between the three parishes, and occasionally to the Diocesan offices for meeting/trainings. Mileage will be reimbursed at the current IRS rate for travel to Diocesan meetings/training.
Physical Demands: This position does require working some nights and weekends, traveling with youth to special events, and can be physically demanding. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to:
Tri-Parish Central Office
ATTN: Susan Wolf
P.O. Box 188
Durand, WI 54736
Or E-mail them to:
Subject line: "Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries Position."