Religious Education classes are open to all children from grades one through twelve. Classes begin in late September and conclude in early May.
- R.E. Class Masses are celebrated once a month from September through April. During these Masses, each class has the opportunity to serve in the ministry roles (alter servers, ushers, lectors, gift bearers, greeters). One or two classes are scheduled per monthly Mass.
- The children recite the Rosary as a large group at the beginning of May and October.
- Advent wreath prayers are part of class during Advent.
- During Lent each class has a turn praying the Stations of the Cross in Church.
- Reconciliation is offered during class twice a year.
- First Reconciliation: Second grade students receive the Sacrament of First Reconciliation in early April.
- First Holy Communion: Second grade students are invited to the Table of the Lord in late April. First Holy Communion is celebrated in each individual parish.
- Confirmation: Students begin preparing for Confirmation as freshmen in High School. They are Confirmed in the fall of their junior year if they have met all the Confirmation requirements.
- RCIC: Rite of Christian Initiation for Children is a program for children ages 5 and older who have not been baptized. This program is also for children who are older and have not received Reconciliation or First Holy Communion.
- RCIA: Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults is a series of sessions in which teens and adults are brought into the Catholic Church. These sessions begin in September and conclude after Easter. Candidates are brought into the Church at the Easter Vigil each year at Holy Rosary.
- Vacation Bible School: Each summer a theme is developed through Bible stories, games, crafts and food. These sessions are open to any child in the Tri-Parishes ages 4 to 10 (4K-5th grades). Older children can volunteer as aides! Find out more HERE.
- For more information, please contact Linda Schaub at 715-672-4668.